The California Agricultural Trade Mission to China and Korea will include customized one-on-one meetings with foreign buyers (Shanghai and Seoul), market briefings by U.S. Embassy staff, as well as retail market visits to assist California small businesses with export sales and foreign market expansion. The trip is scheduled for June 10-16, 2012 with a variety of meetings being organized that will benefit small agriculture businesses.
This trade mission is designed to assist California small businesses with entering and expanding export sales to China and Korea. Program staff will work with participating companies to schedule one-on-one business meetings with appropriate foreign buyers. Companies will also receive in-depth market briefings from U.S. Department of Agriculture officials and visit a variety of retail market outlets to better understand the sales and distribution channels in the market. In addition, companies will have the opportunity to showcase their products to importer/distribution representatives.
Participation Fee: $500 (Participation is limited) and fill out the registration form.
- California small businesses will be provided:
- Customized one-on-one appointments in Shanghai and Seoul
- Market briefings by U.S. Officials
- Hotel accommodations in Shanghai and Seoul
- Travel assistance/reimbursement of international airfare up to $1,500 – restrictions apply.
- California small business requirements must be met to receive trade mission travel assistance.
California entities that do not meet the small business requirements can participate in the trade mission at their own expense.
For more information, contact:
Candy Hansen-Gage, Center for International Trade Development, 559-324-6401