By Layne Wade, Technical Sales Support, Arysta LifeScience
Grape growers who fight early-season disease, insect and weed pressure have a strong arsenal of protection when they use the Arysta LifeScience portfolio of products. The following products are available to grape growers though the season:
- CAPTAN Fungicide, from Arysta LifeScience, sets the standard for management of Phomopsis leaf spot and when used early in the season, can offer assistance in controlling the initial emergence of Powdery mildew. CAPTAN has a multi-site mode of action and is a broad-spectrum fungicide, making it an excellent fit in resistance management programs. For convenient, flexible application, product formulations include:
- CAPTAN 80 WDG Fungicide – This state-of-the-art, wettable granule formulation sets the standard for reliable fungicide protection, going into suspension quickly and remaining there throughout spraying.
- CAPTAN 50 WP Fungicide – This economical powder formulation offers a cost-effective alternative that delivers the same reliable disease control and resistance management benefits as its granular counterpart.
- VITICURE® Fungicide gives grape growers an economical and highly effective option that goes beyond prevention of Powdery mildew through reach-back activity, which can help cure existing infections. A locally systemic protectant fungicide, VITICURE is a unique triazole that has no known cross-resistance to other Group 3 DMI fungicides. The product has fuming action to penetrate dense, web-like mats of hyphal strands (mycelia), and VITICURE controls Powdery mildew in nooks and crannies where other fungicides can’t reach. It can be tank-mixed with PH-D® and ELEVATE® Fungicides, and when applied in a Powdery mildew spray schedule, VITICURE enhances the activity of registered fungicides used for the control of Botrytis bunch rot, showcasing how VITICURE plays an important role in resistance management programs for vineyards.
- ELEVATE® Fungicide gives grapes the protection they need against Botrytis bunch rot. ELEVATE is a member of the FRAC group 17 fungicide class, making it an excellent fit in resistance management plans. When used in tank mixes, ELEVATE will help ensure effective disease control while preserving a grape grower’s fungicide options for years to come.
- PH-D® Fungicide provides control of Bunch rot organisms like Botrytis and Cladosporium as well as having burndown activity against Powdery mildew. PH-D is a Group 19 broad-spectrum fungicide with a mode of action that inhibits fungal cell wall formation, making it an ideal rotation partner in your resistance management program. The 4-hour REI allows grape growers to quickly get back in their vineyards.
- OMITE® 30WS Miticide gives growers a unique fuming action which penetrates dense webbing and nooks and crannies where other miticides can’t reach. Its repellent action flushes mites out of these refuges exposing them to three routes of entry – contact, residual, and inhalation – making it the go-to rescue treatment in grapes. Rainfastness and lasting control make OMITE effective throughout the growing season. Arysta LifeScience recommends rotating or tank-mixing with miticides with different modes of action to prevent development of resistance to OMITE.
- ACRAMITE®-50WS Miticide offers versatile protection against a variety of spider mites, at all life stages, in grapes up to 30 days after treatment. Additionally, ACRAMITE goes easy on beneficial insects and predator mites. This product also should be rotated or tank-mixed with miticides with different modes of action to prevent resistance issues.
- KANEMITE® Miticide provides fast knockdown, effective mite management and a short pre-harvest interval, making it a smart solution for late-season mite management in grapes. Specifically, KANEMITE is effective against two-spotted spider mite, Willamette spider mite, and Pacific spider mite. Unlike some miticides, KANEMITE is easy on predatory mites and other beneficial species, and its unique active ingredient – acequinocyl – makes it the ideal choice for managing mite resistance in grape vineyards.
- CASORON® Herbicide supplies the tool grape growers need for control of a wide range of weeds, including tough-to-kill horsetail (Equisetum), bindweed, nutsedge and perennial grasses. The unique formulation, which can be tank-mixed with other herbicides for complete control, is applied to the soil. It works on pre-emergent and early post-emergent weeds by forming a herbicidal vapor barrier that kills germinating seeds, and roots and shoots growing in the barrier. Dichlobenil, the active ingredient in CASORON, features powerful, nonselective activity.
To learn more about the Arysta LifeScience portfolio of crop protection products, contact your crop protection retailer, visit www.ArystaSpecialty.com/Grapes or call 866-761-9397.
OMITE is a restricted-use pesticide. Always read and follow label directions. ACRAMITE, CASORON, ELEVATE, OMITE, PH-D and VITICURE are registered trademarks of an Arysta LifeScience Group Company. KANEMITE is a registered trademark of Agro-Kanesho Company, S.A. Arysta LifeScience and the Arysta LifeScience logo are registered trademarks of Arysta LifeScience Corporation. ©2018 Arysta LifeScience Group Company. SPC-17108A