By Layne Wade, Technical Sales Support, Arysta LifeScience
Grape growers who fight early-season disease, insect and weed pressure have a strong arsenal of protection when they use the Arysta LifeScience portfolio of products.
In the first of a two-part focus on the grape portfolio, the following products help growers early in the grape-growing season:
- CAPTAN Fungicide, from Arysta LifeScience, sets the standard for management of Powdery mildew and Phomopsis leaf spot. CAPTAN has a multi-site mode of action and is a broad-spectrum fungicide, making it an excellent fit in resistance management programs. For convenient, flexible application, product formulations include:
- CAPTAN 80 WDG Fungicide – This state-of-the-art, wettable granule formulation sets the standard for reliable fungicide protection, going into suspension quickly and remaining there throughout spraying.
- CAPTAN 50 WP Fungicide – This economical powder formulation offers a cost-effective alternative that delivers the same reliable disease control and resistance management benefits as its granular counterpart.
- VITICURE® Fungicide provides an economical and highly effective option that goes beyond prevention of Powdery mildew in grapes through reach-back activity, which cures existing infections. It can be tank-mixed with PH-D® and ELEVATE® Fungicides, and when applied in a powdery mildew spray schedule, VITICURE will enhance the activity of registered fungicides used for the control of Botrytis bunch rot, showcasing how VITICURE plays an important role in resistance management programs for vineyards.
- OMITE® 30WS Miticide gives growers a unique fuming action which penetrates dense webbing and nooks and crannies in fighting spider mites, making it the go-to rescue treatment in grapes. Rainfastness and lasting control make OMITE effective throughout the growing season. Arysta LifeScience recommends rotating or tank-mixing with miticides with different modes of action to prevent development of resistance to OMITE.
- ACRAMITE®-50WS Miticide offers versatile protection against a variety of spider mites, at all life stages, in grapes up to 30 days after treatment. Additionally, ACRAMITE goes easy on beneficial insects and predator mites. This product also should be rotated or tank-mixed with miticides with different modes of action to prevent resistance issues.
- KANEMITE® Miticide provides fast knockdown, effective mite management and a short pre-harvest interval, making it a smart solution for late-season mite management in grapes. Specifically, KANEMITE is effective against two-spotted spider mite, Willamette spider mite, and Pacific spider mite. Unlike some miticides, KANEMITE is easy on predatory mites and other beneficial species, and its unique active ingredient – acequinocyl – makes it the ideal choice for managing mite resistance in grape vineyards.
- CASORON® Herbicide supplies the tool grape growers need for control of a wide range of weeds, including tough-to-kill horsetail (Equisetum), nutsedge and perennial grasses. The unique formulation, which can be tank-mixed with other herbicides for complete control, is applied to the soil. It works on pre-emergent and early post-emergent weeds by forming a herbicidal vapor barrier that kills germinating seeds and roots. Dichlobenil, the active ingredient in CASORON, features powerful, nonselective activity.
To learn more about the Arysta LifeScience portfolio of crop protection products, contact your crop protection retailer, visit www.ArystaSpecialty.com/Grapes or call 866-761-9397.
OMITE is a restricted-use pesticide. State registrations may be pending. Always read and follow label directions. ACRAMITE, CASORON, ELEVATE, OMITE and VITICURE are registered trademarks of an Arysta LifeScience Group Company. KANEMITE is a registered trademark of Agro-Kanesho Company, S.A. Arysta LifeScience and the Arysta LifeScience logo are registered trademarks of Arysta LifeScience Corporation. ©2017 Arysta LifeScience North America, LLC. SPC-1707 #3