The California-based Raisin Administrative Committee announced the following deliveries to handlers for the period Oct. 2-8:
- 16,352 tons of Natural (sun-dried) Seedless (NS) raisins were delivered to handlers;
- 17,781 tons of all varietal types were delivered. This compares to 15,889 tons of all varietal types delivered for the same period last year;
- 42,726 tons of NS raisins have been delivered for the year-to-date. This compares to 47,294 tons of NS deliveries as of this date a year ago;
- 59,012 tons of all varietal types have been delivered YTD, compared to 66,993 tons in 2015-2016;
- 2,357 tons of the NS deliveries for 2016-17 crop year are organic;
- 20,417 tons of NS are held on memo storage; and
- 3,414 tons of NS are held for reconditioning.
- The RAC September shipment report of Natural (sun-dried) Seedless (NS) Raisins shows that domestic shipments (including Canada) were 16,013 packed tons, compared to 15,680 tons in 2015 (+2%). Year-to-date domestic shipments are 30,957 packed tons compared to 29,724 tons at this time in 2015 (+4%).
NS export shipments (without Canada) for September were 8,980 packed tons, compared to 8,749 tons in 2015 (+3%). YTD export shipments are 19,147 packed tons, compared to 16,961 tons a year ago, an increase of 13 percent.
NS shipments to all destinations year-to-date are 50,104 packed tons, compared to 46,685 packed tons for last year (+7%).
The top three destinations for NS raisins in September were:
- United States – 14,946 tons;
- Japan – 2,076 tons;
- Canada – 1,067 tons.