The 2014 American Pistachio Growers Conference is underway in Coronado, Calif. where about 800 APG members and guests are gathered to hear pistachio industry updates from APG's Chairman Jim Zion and Executive Director Richard Matoian, the latest pistachio production and pest management information, strides achieved through APG marketing, and much, much more.
Here are a few snapshots from the Opening Night Reception, courtesy of Western Farm Press.
From left - Michelle Thompson, Merry Henry, and Odes Thompson of Firestone Farms, Huron, Calif.
5. Joseph Coelho, Valley Orchard Management, Fresno, Calif. with his wife Ashley and their daughter Hazel.
8. 2013 Miss California Leah Cecil and Hank Treschow of Ingleby USA.
19. Pistachio growers - father and daughter Ali (left) and Layla (center) Mustafavi, Fadak Orchard, Madera, Calif., and Alex Vatankhah, Calmex Farms, also of Madera.
20. From left: Alden Crop, Mckenna Christiansen, and Kristi Robinson of Meridian Nut Growers; plus Kirk Mouser of Valent.
21. Rick Foell, Suterra, Los Banos, Calif., shares a laugh with Vince Genco, Palogic International, Fowler, Calif.