NRCS is providing an opportunity to add conservation practices to land that will improve wildlife habitat.
• Who: The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) provides leadership in a partnership effort to help people conserve, maintain, and improve our natural resources and environment.
• What: NRCS’ 2009 Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program sign-up opportunity – 75 percent cost share for wildlife habitat improvements. It’s an opportunity to work with NRCS to add conservation practices to land that will improve wildlife habitat.
• When: April 20-May 22, 2009
• Where: Private agricultural land such as cropland, rangeland, pasture, nonindustrial private forestland, and other land on which agricultural and forest-related products or livestock are produced or have the potential to be produced. Indian land is also eligible.
• How: In California, 25 percent of the 2009 WHIP funds will be targeted to projects that establish or enhance pollinator habitat. These projects will be funded at a 90 percent cost share.
For more information, go online to California Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program (WHIP) .