Q. I don’t know much about biopesticides in general. Why should I know more?
A. The use of biopesticides with their complex modes of action in your pest management program can make your program more effective, more flexible and more sustainable.
- Biopesticides work and can improve your yields and crop quality
- Biopesticides are pest resistance fighters
- They replace obsolete or banned products
- Most have no residues helping you manage MRLs and giving you export flexibility
- Biopesticides provide a high level of worker safety
- They have minimal impact on non-target organisms
- They offer environmental stewardship benefits, e.g. managing buffer zones
- Biopesticides can be used in organic production
As I mentioned, biopesticides have complex modes of action that you can to put to work in your orchards and fields, such as:
- Systemic Acquired Resistance
- Insect growth regulation
- Plant growth regulation
- Competitive exclusion
Biopesticides today represent all types of pesticides: