The USDA-ARS in Shafter, Calif., is having the 2011 Cotton Field Day on Tuesday, Sept. 13, from 8:30-11:30 a.m. Registration will begin at 8. Presentations given by USDA-ARS and University of California scientists will cover topics including FOV race 4, variety and insecticide trials, and Lygus biology and management. More information about Field Day and the Shafter Cotton Research Station is available here.
8:30-11:30 Research Presentations - West Conference Room
- Cotton Variety Evaluations, Fusarium Update- Robert Hutmacher, Statewide Cotton Specialist, Dept. of Plant Sciences, University of California, Shafter Cotton Research Station
- Breeding Cotton for Race 4 Fusarium Resistance- Mauricio Ulloa, Research Geneticist, USDA-ARS, Shafter Cotton Research Station
- Race 4 Fusarium Cotton Pathology Update- Rebecca Bennett, Research Plant Pathologist, USDA-ARS, Shafter Cotton Research Station
- Cotton Insecticide Testing- Larry Godfrey, Extension Entomologist, Dept. of Entomology, University of California – Davis
- Lygus Ecology Update- W. Rodney Cooper, Research Entomologist, USDA-ARS, Shafter Cotton Research Station
- Lygus Physiological Ecology and Sampling- Dale Spurgeon, Research Entomologist, USDA-ARS, Shafter Cotton Research Station