The University of California Stone Fruit Day is Aug. 9 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Kearney Agricultural Center, 9240 S. Riverbend Ave., Parlier.
Stone fruit topics will include:
• Tour of the 21st Century Peach Orchard Planting, including discussion of rootstock, tree architecture and density, plus pruning and light management;
• Design and management of subsurface drip systems for fruit trees;
• Water and nutrient movement in subsurface drip systems;
• Tree monitor and remote sensing; plus
• Water management to reduce fruit doubling.
Speakers at the free event will include Kevin Day, UCCE pomologist Kevin Day; Becky Phene, UCCE pomology researcher; Claude Phene, USDA water scientist Emeritus; and Caleb Crawford, UCCE pomology lab assistant.
For more information, contact Kevin Day at [email protected] and (559) 684-3300.