USDA California Farm Service Agency (FSA) State Executive Director Val Dolcini reminds producers that June 1, 2011, is the enrollment deadline for the 2011 Average Crop Revenue Election (ACRE) Program or the traditional Direct and Counter-cyclical Program (DCP).
"Farmers in California who are interested in enrolling in these programs need to add this important deadline to their list of ‘must do’ jobs,” Dolcini said. "Producers should contact their local county office right now to set up appointments before the June 1 deadline."
Annual contracts are required to be signed to receive program benefits. All signatures of producers receiving a share in DCP and ACRE payments are required by the June 1, 2011 deadline.
For the farm and ranch calendar, here’s a schedule of FSA program deadlines coming up in the next several months:
- May 31, 2011- 2010 Crop Year Final Loan Availability Date for Corn, Soybeans, Grain Sorghum, Sunflowers, and Pulse Crops
- June 1, 2011- Deadline for 2011 Direct and Counter-Cyclical Program (DCP) Enrollment and for 2011 Average Crop Revenue Election (ACRE) Program Election
- July 15, 2011- 2011 Crop Year Acreage Reporting Deadline for most crops and deadline to file 2010 Production Reports for most Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) crops
- July 29, 2011- 2009 Supplemental Revenue Assistance (SURE) Program Signup Deadline
- August 1, 2011- Deadline to Request a 2011 Farm Reconstitution
- September 1, 2011 – Deadline to file 2010 Production Reports for ACRE. This deadline was extended from July 15, 2011 for 2010 production only.
For more information about DCP and ACRE programs or other FSA programs, contact your county FSA office and visit the state FSA website at: www.fsa.usda.gov/ca.